From this video of Chopra, I gleaned the following pearls of learning for my consideration:
- Our cells have consciousness, thus our immune system is a “thinking” system.
- Our mind is not in our brain; it is in every cell of our body.
- Our body is not a noun. It is a verb, a dynamic cacophony of intertwined, interrelated, and interdependent processes.
- In less than one year we recycle 98 percent of all the cells in our body.
- The definition of "mind" – an embodied and relational process that regulates the flow of energy and information.
- EVERYTHING within us is integrated – mind, body, and spirit. It is at once a singular and dynamic process, and it is entangled with every other body (yep, yours, too).
- Our genes are not fixed or deterministic; we turn our genes on and off in relation to our thoughts/emotions/words/actions/choices.
- Practicing lovingkindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity changes our brain state toward higher levels of consciousness.
- Our relationship with time can be changed. Time flies or drags, based on our psycho-emotional state, which we can control.
- Love is ultimately the root cause of all healing.
- Social transformation cannot occur in the absence of personal transformation.
Plenty to ponder...