- Share freely with them the life-lessons we've learned.
- Listen to them fully and empathetically.
- Empower them, don't enable them.
- Model for them right living and right thinking.
- Trust them, until they've proven themselves unworthy of it.
- Forgive, forgive, forgive them. Then, forgive them some more.
- Aid them in seeing and crafting a vision of a better future.
- Love them more, judge them less.
An interesting irony is that the more time, energy, and effort we invest in helping others achieve their highest good, the closer we come to realizing our own.