I was eating voraciously (by volume) while starving myself (by nutrition).
Almost 2 1/2 years into eating differently, the cravings are no longer there. When I eat breakfast (around 5:30 a.m.) it holds me easily until lunch. When I eat lunch it easily holds me through dinner. When I eat dinner it easily holds me through breakfast. Oddly, I rarely feel hungry.
What I eat now:
- Organically grown vegetables and fruits - none genetically modified, no pesticides, no herbicides, no fungicides.
- Fats, real fats, and plenty of them - real butter from organic milk, coconut oil, eggs from pastured chickens, raw nuts of all kinds, avocados, etc.
- Meat from grass-fed and grass finished animals - no antibiotics, no hormones, no feedlot fare.
- Whole milk and other organically derived dairy products.
- Water (mostly rain water), tea, coffee.
What I eat none (or very little) of:
- Processed foods of any kind - boxed, bagged, or packaged.
- Genetically modified organisms/foods (corn, wheat, soy, beets are virtually all GMOs these days).
- Processed sugars or grains.
- Vegetable-based oils (Omega-6 laden stuff).
Why are the cravings gone? I think it boils down to these two things:
- I now only eat what my body needs (i.e., real food)
- I no longer eat stuff my body doesn't need (i.e., food-like substances).
Don't miss the cravings. Not one bit...