Our bodies change, our thinking changes, the weather changes, economic conditions change, relationships change, cultures change.
Here are just some of the reasons many of us resist change:
- We're comfortable and happy right where/how are, thank you!
- We're afraid of what lies on the other side of change.
- It just takes too much energy to change.
- If we're being successful in the current state, why change?
- We tried change once (or 50 times) before, and it just didn't work out.
When we come to think of change as a constant to which we must adapt (preferably gracefully) we take a completely different view of it.
Change happens to us (and our organizations) whether we like or not. The only question is how adept we are at adapting to it.