Sometimes we get stuck. The rut seems to grab hold and won't let go.
Getting stuck happens to everyone. Getting unstuck is not rocket science.
Try this recipe:
- Get off the accelerator. Spinning the tires even faster won't get us out of the rut.
- Reflect carefully. Figure out what got us stuck in the first place.
- Seek the perspective of wise observers from outside the organization.
- Discern carefully whether we got busier at doing than we were at being.
- Decouple from habits that got us here.
- Add in a couple of habits that move us toward what we wanna BE.
Constant monitoring, constant reflection, constant correction.
Sounds like work, but well worth it to get UNstuck.