Who among us does not deal with discouragement? Stuff happens, and usually in multiples. There's no need for me to generate a list of discouragement causers: We can all do that for ourselves, without help.
How can we deal with discouragement? Consider the following...
- Rest - slow down, watch the sunrise, toast the sunset, listen to some lovely music
- Reset - change physical positions, change environments, change focal tasks frequently (no more than 90 minutes per)
- Reflect - reassess, re-prioritize, re-learn (or learn anew)
- Connect - reach out to those you love and love you back (even if briefly)
- Celebrate - the stuff gone well, the folks who "show up," the many blessings and people that frequently go unnoticed
- Serve - somehow meet the needs of another (or others), no matter how small the gesture
- Move - walk, jog, bike, swim, yoga,...something that gets Mind-Body-Spirit into the action together
- Pray - connect somehow with the God of your understanding
Any one of those things will help dissolve discouragement.
Multiple of those strategies is downright liberating.
ALL of them.........is a force multiplier.
May the FORCE be with you.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.