Some of the very best human beings I know embody two powerful dispositions: they are both Humble and Strong.
Here is what I see in and from those Humbly Strong folks:
- They invite and embrace difference. Diversity does not scare them. They exude confidence that there is plenty of room at the table for all.
- They do not seek the spotlight (though it often finds them).
- They intensely focus on serving others, consciously choosing to be givers rather than takers.
- They voraciously seek new knowledge and understanding.
- They are generous to a fault, freely sharing their resources (both tangible and intangible) with others.
- They are keenly aware of our minuteness in the grand scheme of life. They feel the greatness and connectedness of THAT that is beyond our humanness.
- They exhibit gratefulness and deference every day, in myriad ways.
Models most worthy of our emulation: Humble, yet Strong.