What techniques do they use to scout for talent? These exceptional leaders:
- Make organizational learning a top priority.
- Foster an organizational culture that attracts and holds talent.
- Create "whole jobs for whole people." (Stephen Covey quote.)
- Reach out personally to talented folks they hear or read.
- Purposefully interact with out-of-industry folks (it's called cross-pollination).
- Stay constantly alert for manifestations of talent (both the conventional variety and the unconventional).
- Intentionally introduce/connect talented others to talented others.
Who wouldn't want to work with/for those kinds of leaders?