Here are some questions to discern our effectiveness in leading:
- Have we made the mission crystal clear?
- Do followers feel that pursuit is noble and worthy?
- Are team members given the autonomy to optimize their talents/gifts in pursuit of the mission?
- Do the folks we engage with everyday feel empowered by having interacted with us?
- Do followers hear specific recognition/praise/affirmation from us regularly?
- Would others describe us a powerful listeners?
- Is there a culture of caring in our organization?
- Have we provided the resources folks need to pursue the mission?
Since those are all yes/no questions, it's not hard to "score" ourselves in leadership effectiveness.
Regardless of today's score, we can improve it by tomorrow.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.