Good leaders are hard to come by. GREAT leaders, nearly impossible.
The best leaders I know purposefully lift up and inflate those around them. The lesser ones serve as DE-flaters.
What is it that those DE-flaters do to let the air out of the rest of us?
- View and speak from the negative perspective, ad nauseam.
- Insist on time-eating processes, protocols, procedures.
- Tolerate, or even incentivize, bad behavior.
- Diminish, devalue, nit-pick, and demean.
- Focus more on the past than the future.
- Talk, A LOT.