Some folks just give in, give up, choose the myopic and self-centric view, opt for pessimistic inertia. Being but one person on a planet populated by 8 billion humans, they take the view that we are but one grain of sand on a very large beach. How can/could we matter?
On the other hand............
A different kind of folks choose to matter. They work to make themselves, and "things," better. They understand that hope is lovely, but insufficient. Making a better future takes intentional effort.
MATTERers follow a fairly common and simple recipe. They zealously choose to:
- Believe - in something bigger than themselves, and constantly seek to clarify and make sense of that grounding-guiding "vision."
- Share - with others, both likeminded and not, those consequential beliefs.
- Care - for themselves, for others, for the planet and universe with which we have been blessed.
- Serve - in many ways, with eyes and hearts outwardly directed.
- Start - now, in this moment, today, and every day hereafter.
- Focus - on their respective spheres of influence, however small or large.