Most of the folks I admire most are extremely disciplined in the way they go about living their lives. Though with considerable variations across that group, here are some of the commonalities I see in them:
- They relentlessly FOCUS on what is important, purposefully refusing to waste their time and energy on those things that are not.
- They intensely OBSERVE the world and the people around them, seeking for the processes and practices that lead to betterness.
- They REFLECT continually on their own performance and perspective, evaluating themselves before judging others.
- They STUDY (yep, there's that "pupil" thing) constantly, pressing their knowledge and skill levels ever upward.
- They GROUND themselves persistently - to their faith, to their foundational tenets, to the God of their understanding.
And then there are those who are constantly adrift.............