Undecidedness sucks energy from an organization in these ways:
- Rudderless - we feel like we're working without clear direction.
- De-energizing - like a persistent bleed-out.
- Distracted - pettiness and politics fill the empty spaces.
- Marking time - clock watching, busyness, hide-n-seek predominate.
- Disappearance - either literally or figuratively, checking out is SOP.
Daniel Pink posits that talented folks prosper and produce in environments that provide three things:
- Autonomy - we're given latitude in pursuing clearly defined, worthy goals.
- Mastery - we have the opportunity to exercise our best gifts in that noble pursuit.
- Purpose - we actually feel/know that the pursuit is consequential.
Decide that! (Then let others know that it's been decided.)