Reflection is best done with discipline. That purposeful looking back - on our actions, our strategies, our behaviors, our decisions, our results - is a robust tool by which we can formulate those all-important next steps.
Either as an individual or as a team we can (and should) schedule time regularly to ask a few very simple questions:
- What am I (are we) trying to accomplish?
- Are the goals I/we have chosen truly worthy?
- What habits do I/we have that contribute to achieving those goals?
- What habits do I/we have that inhibit achieving those goals?
- What do I/we need to learn next?
But only if we pause long enough to ask the questions, do the thinking, and engage in the dialogue.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.