Leading implies both optimism and hope.
The best leaders I know inspire us to aim high and perform well. They're fun to work for and with. They're downright contagious.
Here are some of the things those leaders do to inspire and embolden us:
- Focus the most time/effort/attention on the future (not the past).
- Understand that perfect is not the goal, better is.
- Express mucho gratitude and appreciation for effort invested.
- Develop others to be the best they can be.
- Know the team and place them in roles well-suited to their skill set.