Leaders traffic in relationships. That's our jam.
We can either bolster or bruise those relationships through our actions.
Relationship bruisers include stuff like:
- Blame casting
Relationship bolsterers look like this:
- Caring, and showing it
- Engaging -- personally, often, authentically
- Acknowledging problems but focusing on solution crafting
- Perseverating on the wildly important things (but keep 'em few)
- Noticing, then acknowledging, effort and good work toward goals
- Fostering a culture of learning by modeling what a Lead Learner looks like
We can energize others through our relationships. Or, we de-energize them.
Yep, it's our choice...