Leaders often delude ourselves into believing some things that actually work against us. Those faulty beliefs serve, rather, to hold us back.
What kind of faulty beliefs limit our impact and effectiveness?
- Culture is the by-product rather than the antecedent
- Negative mindsets can be "fixed"
- Perfection must precede deployment
- Wisdom is isolated in an elite few
- Control affects higher productivity
- Transparency is too costly
- Little things can be ignored
- There is an endpoint to the work
- Talk is more powerful than listening
- "Stuff" is more important than people
Try reading each of those detrimental beliefs out loud, then pause briefly and say "NO!" (also out loud).
What are we to do, then?
Break them chains!