What keeps us from achieving optimal effectiveness (either as individuals or organizations)? Distractions.
Here are some things that cause us to take our eye off the ball:
- Fatigue - when we've worked ourselves beyond the point of concentration.
- Envy - when we develop a yearning for someone else's version of success.
- Self-pity - when we start feeling sorry for ourselves.
- Wrong focus - when we start measuring our effectiveness by inconsequential and/or erroneous metrics.
- Imbalance - when we forget we are WHOLE beings and try to live/work in a fractured state.
- Success - when we get a bit too full of ourselves.
There are LOTS of distractions. Always will be.
Disciplined minds prevail.