Learning what NOT to eat may be even more important than learning what to eat. Here's a sampling of both.
- Processed sugars or their imposters, such has high fructose corn syrup and the 50+ other names that processed sugar "hides" under.
- Genetically modified foods (almost all corn, soy, wheat, and sugar beets consumed in the U.S. are now genetically modified).
- Meat from animals that have been raised in confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs); these animals are regularly dosed with antibiotics and/or hormones.
- Stuff with ingredients on the labels which you either can't pronounce, or don't know what they are (concoctions BAD!, and your body knows it).
- REAL FOOD (real food does not have, or need, labels).
- Plants or fruit that you can easily recognize as having been grown in soil (eaten raw is even better).
- Organically grown fruits/vegetables (no pesticides, no herbicides, no fungicides).
- Meat from animals that ate the plants described in the bullet above (i.e., grass fed, grass finished, free ranged).
- Stuff with omega 3 fats (natural nuts, fats from animal meats described in the bullet above, avocados, seeds, flaxseed oil, wild caught fish).
- Pastured eggs.
Neither list is exhaustive; just a good starting place. IF, that is, you desire better health, more energy, fewer trips to the doctor.