Dishonoring the time of others is one of the most disrespectful things we can do.
Yet, we see that dishonoring happen all the time. Like this:
- Scheduling meetings for meetings sake, with nothing substantive to address.
- Showing up late for appointments.
- Creating and delegating "busy work," simply to fill up time.
- Engaging in long diatribes in response to straightforward questions.
- Starting meetings/events late and/or letting them run long.
- Interrupting one conversation (or phone call) to engage in another.
- Cold calling (showing up without an appointment).
- Being thoughtless of the time/effort/energy that another invest.
- Showing up unprepared.
Note to self: Respect the time of others as if it were my own.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.