We all have things in our lives that energize us, trip our trigger, invigorate us.
- Being affirmed for work well done
- Being spiritually "connected"
- Serving others, somehow
- Completing projects
- Pursuing a passion
- Learning new stuff
- Tackling a new challenge
- Performing for an audience
- Engaging in meaningful work
- The touch of a lover or the voice of a friend
The trick is for each of us to figure out what it is that energizes us, and do those things more often.
Conversely, we also ought to figure out the things that de-energize us and do those things less often.
If my calculus is correct, we'll be happier, healthier, more pleasant, and more self-actualized through that process. (And our increased wellness will naturally impact/enrich those among whom we live and work and play).
Whatcha waitin' on?