Thus, those wise leaders constantly work to accelerate team growth and team performance.
- They think and talk futuristically (wasting little attention on the past).
- They handle as many of the tough conversations as possible informally and privately.
- They stay focused on the things they can control.
- They make continuous improvement a daily habit, and expectation.
- They don't take, or make, things personal.
- They invest in the team generously (both in tangible and intangible means).
- They spend as little time/effort as possible in the deficit-model activities of judging, ranking, sorting, grading,.......
Exactly the reason that excellent leaders have such committed followership.