How do they "read" people? Here are a few of their techniques:
- They listen to others deeply, with their ears, with their eyes, with their heart.
- They ask others about their aspirations, their dreams, their drivers.
- They are attuned to the strengths others manifest (and try mightily to align their work assignments to those strengths).
- They seek to learn the not-so-much-strengths of others (and try mightily NOT to align their work assignments toward those areas).
- They figure out how to have real, even if brief, conversations with others in order to get a better sense of their uniquenesses.
- They are constantly discerning the catalysts of positive and negative energy generators in the organization, magnifying the former and mitigating the latter.
Rocket science? Nope. Something you can put on a spreadsheet and disaggregate? Nope. Tricky, hard, time-consuming work? You bet!
Worth it, if a better future for the organization as a whole and each of its members as individuals is among one's important goals.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.