TRUST is the baseline for meaningful and fulfilling human interaction. Without a baseline of trust, either or both parties withhold, hedge, shield, and evade. Substantive accomplishment cannot fluidly ensue when those factors are in play.
What are some things that foster trust?
- Do what we say we will do.
- Listen intently when others speak.
- Express empathy, often and many ways.
- Be truly interested in the "stories" of others.
- Serve - relentlessly, without expectation of return.
- Seek always the collective good over the personal.
No price tag is attached to anything on that list.
We can start today.