- With their words and their ears and their hearts and their effort, they create a clear picture of a better future for all of us.
- They see how each of us can contribute to achieving that picture, and create meaningful roles for us to make those contributions.
- They understand and communicate that progress is the daily expectation, and that perfection is a debilitating illusion.
- They afford everyone in the organization respectful attention and voice.
- They understand that persistent LEARNING is a requirement for success, and that organizational learning is a direct downstream effect of individual learning.
- They notice, acknowledge, and express gratitude for goal-oriented effort and work, relentlessly.
- They stay focused on the WE, the US, the OUR (not the me, the I, the mine).
I'm betting if you look closely at the most magnetic organizations in your life (whether family or business or faith or...), you'll see that kind of leadership at work.